I'm looking for a news site that gives a reasonable representation of the actual important events going on in the world as a whole. All of my current news sources, even relatively respectable ones like the Atlantic, are very euro-centric, prone to click bait and like to push biased little editorial pieces on issues that are small and often sensational.
Using the Atlantic again(Which occasionally has some brilliant journalistic articles), here the titles on the home page's More Top Stories section:
- A New Origin Story for Dogs
- The Graying of Rural America
- Where Republican's Stand on Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet
- Do We Need Zoos?
- Mobile is Eating Media, and Facebook is Eating Mobile
- The Black Journalists and the Racial Mountain
- Teagon and Sara, Scientists of the Love Song
- The Missing Piece in the Debate Over College Costs
As you can see, from an objective perspective, dogs, gorillas and facebook take a much larger portion than should be given based on almost any objective criteria of general importance. In other words, this homepage is dominated by clicks and little else.
I had only been vaguely aware of the conflicts in the Congo for instance, yet I can remember quite clearly the circus with Monica Lewinski. I want a news source that can correct this, by spending more time on big things like major wars, the federal reserve, monetary policy, countries that aren't just the US, etc.
Is there a news source that organizes stories by importance, in some reasonably objective way, with as little political bias as possible?