On Wednesday November 9, 2016 early in the morning Hillary Clinton conceded the election to Donald Trump. However, at that time:
- most provisional ballots had not been examined or counted yet
- many mail-in ballots had not been counted yet (some were still in transit having been postmarked November 8)
- election results had not been certified by any officials yet
- some races were extremely tight and in theory could change outcomes
- the popular vote was opposite the electoral vote
If one state flipped the results could be either a < 270 vote "electoral tie" (goes to Congress to decide) or an electoral win for Clinton. If that happened, what legal effect if any would have resulted from her concession speech?