Empirical indices exist to measure happiness (and misery), economic freedom, wealth inequality, and a host of other outcomes of public policy. Are there any in existence that seek to measure the effectiveness of Foreign Policy?
Such an index would possibly include:
- The ability to protect national interests
- The ability to project national power effectively and efficiently
- The ability to build international coalitions
- Evaluation of trade policy
- Evaluation of diplomacy (to persuade, uphold legality of treaties and international positions, etcetera.)
- Evaluation of foreign aid effectiveness
- Evaluation of international intelligence to identify emerging threats, etc.
Has anyone come across such a thing, or an attempt at measuring such a thing across countries and administrations/regimes?