I guess we can all agree that the relations between Israel and Iran aren't the best:
- Iran is supplying the Hezbollah / other guys near the border to Israel (Southern Lebanon)
- Israel is blowing up Iranian nuclear scientists
- Someone apparently made a speech about "destroying" Israel
- Someone else said that Iran wants to start a new holocaust
Of course that list is just a few examples.
So what is the reason behind all that?
- Is there some real grudge behind that conflict explainable by some tangible reasons? AFAIK international politics is mostly explainable by hard reasons, mostly about influence and power, not some irrational emotions (Exceptions do exists)
- Does the Iran supplies the forces hostile to Israel because he has sympathy for their cause? Or does he wants to have some leverage against the USA should they try a second Operation Ajax?
- Is it just a setup from hardliners on both sides to enjoy interior power by having an foreign enemy?