I live in Utah,

  • Is there an proceedure to recall a senator or representatives in Congress in my state?

  • What are the steps in executing that procedure?

  • Guess you need your own Hatch Act :) Commented Nov 11, 2013 at 18:38
  • Agree with the duplicate vote. The answer is defined by the U.S. Constitution, so state is irrelevant and the answer is the same.
    – reirab
    Commented Mar 18, 2016 at 21:41

1 Answer 1


Not currently. Impeachment is the only route. Plans to implement recall legislation have been discussed recently. http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56482734-219/allow-allowing-counties-elections.html.csp

  • Note that those plans only related to state offices, not U.S. Senators or Representatives. An amendment to the U.S. Constitution would be required to allow recall of a member of Congress from any state. States may provide in their own constitutions for the recall of their state legislatures (or other state/local officials,) but the U.S. Constitution does not allow it for members of Congress.
    – reirab
    Commented Mar 18, 2016 at 21:39

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .