These days we see the current government of India (led by the National Democratic Alliance) favoring and profiting Indian and foreign capitalists. Is India moving again towards the direction of capitalism? Is it likely that a company will form a government and start ruling India in the future?
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Economic freedom Index indicates how close a country is towards the Free market economy. Free economies are marked as green. Notably, Hong Kong is at the top of the list.
Modi government came in power in 2014. If we take a look at the economic freedom of India from 2014 to 2018:
- there is no change in India's overall economic characteristic which is categorized as Mostly Unfree.
- the index plummetted from 2014
- Pakistan and India are going hand in hand in the area of economic freedom
- Even Bangladesh has higher economic freedom
- China is ahead
- India is at the bottom of the list as compared to the topper Hong Kong.
If we observe the trend from 1995 to 2018,
we see that India's improvement is not that much.