Does the FBI hiring teams allow people with any job background to apply to a position? More specifically, would the FBI allow or not allow someone with a political background to have a job in the organization? By political background I mean they have worked for a politician's office as say a staff assistant, legislative director/assistant, press secretary, etc.
Regarding the specialized question of "political background", it appears that there is NO published disqualification of an applicant for having any sort of political background.
Here are the Entry Requirements: FBI Applicant Qualifications
How To Become a Special Agent with the FBI
The basic qualifications to become a FBI Special Agent are rigorous and include the following:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a citizen of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Be between 23 and 37 years of age, unless seeking a veteran’s waiver
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Have worked as a professional for at least three years
Qualifications for Special Agent Entry Programs
In order to apply to become a Special Agent, the candidate must meet the qualifications for one of five Special Agent Entry Programs:
- Accounting: Must possess CPA Certification, hold a four year degree in Accounting, or worked for three years in an accounting profession.
- Computer science/Information Technology: Must possess a bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline. Applicants should also possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification or a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) certification.
Language: Possess a four-year degree and proficiency in a critical foreign language specified by the FBI. Applicants must demonstrate competencies in reading, writing, speaking and translating. Presently languages include
Law: Applicants must possess a JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Diversified: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any concentration with three years of professional experience, or a master’s degree, JD degree, or PhD along with two years of professional experience.