Sit back, It is going to be a long post on "why protests against CAA doesn't hold any merit?" and "why north-east Delhi riots are not spontaneous but pre-planned Islamist mob attack to create anarchy in the name of Anti-CAA protest?".
CAA(citizen amendment act): Its main purpose is to fast-track citizenship for religious minorities from three neighboring theocratic Islamic states which have a history of brutal persecution of minorities. It closely mirrors the USA's 'Lautenberg Act'. Apart from providing citizenship to minority refugees who entered India on or before 2014, it reduces the aggregate period of residence required for naturalization from 11 to 5 yrs.
CAA Act pdf
Q. Why CAA is needed?
After the partition, India-Pakistan created the Nehru-Liaqat pact which was supposed to safeguard the rights of minorities. Hindu majority India followed the pact while Muslim-majority Pakistan turned a blind eye towards the crimes committed against minorities. The Bangladesh liberation war created a huge refugee crisis in India(Link). The population of non-muslims has reduced drastically in both Pakistan and Bangladesh. Every year 1000s of Hindus migrate to India.
They face bonded labor and slavery. Link
Forced marriages and conversion. Link Link
Q. Does CAA affect Indian Muslims?
No, absolutely not.
Q. Does CAA affect non-Indian Muslims?
No, they can apply for citizenship in the same manner as they were doing before CAA. In fact, the BJP led NDA government has awarded citizenship to more than 500 Muslims. Link
Q. Why the opposition parties are protesting if the law is humanitarian in nature?
The opposition is protesting against the act to discredit a democratically elected government and revive their sinking electoral fortunes. All the leaders of opposition parties in the past have voiced their support for citizenship to persecuted religious minorities.
1. Former PM Manmohan Singh requesting citizenship for religious minorities Video Link
2. Assam Pradesh congress committee passed a resolution requesting citizenship for minorities Link
3. West Bengal CM Mamta Banerjee against the citizenship to Bangladeshi Muslims Video Link
4. CPI(M) Prakash karat requesting citizenship for minorities Link
For more details Link
Q. What about NRC?
As such, the government has not created any draft of the new NRC. Speculating on provisions of not yet known NRC is simply fearmongering.
North-East Delhi Riots
The precursor to NE-delhi riots
Violent Anti-CAA protests have been going on for the last few months by Islamists mobs. They have burned trains, buses, police posts, Railway stations, and lynched policemen to show their opposition to CAA.
1. West Bengal, Beldanga Railway station set on fire Video Link
2. West Bengal , Murshidabad , Five trains set on fire Video Link
3. Gujrat, Ahmedabad, Islamist Mob brutally attacking policemen Video link
4. Another video of mob lynching policemanVideo link
5. Islamist loses his hand in seelampur Anti-CAA riots while preparing petrol bombVideo Link
6. School Bus attacked with stones by Islamists Video Link
There many other videos available on social media detailing violent protests of Anti-CAA mobs.
Q. Were riots planned to coincide with President Trump's visit?
India has a history of violence by terrorists and Islamists during visits of US presidents.
1. Killing of Sikhs by terrorists in kashmir during Bill clinton's visit Link
2. Unrest in kashmir during Obama visits.
3. Anti-Bush protests turn violent Link
The reason is to bring disrepute to the country. They knew that the security apparatus would be heavily stretched due to president Trump's visit.
Involvement of criminal gangs and ISIS Indian module
Delhi police have already mentioned the involvement of two criminals gangs Nasir and Irfan. These gangs were hired to create anarchy.Link
A year back Delhi police busted an ISIS(Islamic state) module in Jaffrabad which is the epicenterLink of Delhi riots.
Mohammad Shahrukh who fired eight rounds at Policemen is a son of notorious drug peddlers and fake currency suppliers. Link
Muslim couple linked to ISIS Khorasan module arrested for Delhi riots Link
House of Horrors: The house belonging to AAP councillor Tahir hussain has emerged as the riot factory.
1. Cache of stones, molotov cocktails, and acid pouches in his house Link
2. Murdered IB(Intelligence Bureau) officer Ankit Sharma's brother has accused Tahir Hussain. According to forensic reports "He was brutally and repeatedly stabbed."Link
3. Makeshift Catapult used in the riots. Link
4. Half burned clothes of woman recovered from Tahir's house and naked woman body from drain near Tahir's House Link.
Now, some arguments against the points mentioned in the other answers.
1. Narendra Modi was acquitted by the highest court in India. The supreme court was completely satisfied with the probe.
2. Assam NRC initiated by congress led UPA and monitored by the Indian judiciary.
3. For all the claims of the genocide of Muslims in Kashmir, not a single Muslim has been killed from armed forces bullets after the removal of article 370. For first time, the valley is seeing prospects of development and education.
4. Those who mention Kashmir somehow sidestep the massacre and forced exodus of lakhs of minorities in Kashmir who were the original inhabitants of the valley.
5. All those claiming Hindus are intolerant conveniently forget that it was a Hindu land that gave refuge to Parsis, Syrian Christians and Jews fleeing persecution from Islamists.
6. All tall claims that the current government is discriminatory to Muslims are categorically false. On the contrary, NDA government brought a law to ban Triple Talaq, gave scholarships to Muslims(Link), created Hunar-Haat to promote craftsman skills in the minorities.