Well, I am Spanish so I have an insider opinion, but I live in Germany, have lived in Norway and my wife is Belarusian so I can compare.
Satisfaction and (dissatisfaction) come from the cross of your expectations with the reality.
Expectations of Spaniard are high. They may assume a bad economic situation but they (or us) consider Spain a historic, old, "important" country in the general aspect. Is not a question of patriotism but your expectations are higher when in the past you have been higher in culture, political power or so on.
Also we are placed in Europe, surrounded by "rich" countries and we assume we want to have the same lifestyle, the same statal covers...
(This is obviously subjective, but the matter of satisfaction is also subjective so is impossible to answer in other way)
Now come the reality, the reality is that Spain is in a very very very bad situation.
- Around 15% in the moment of writing this answer is the official unemployement. In reality is a little more close to 16th due to the way of counting. Spanish people are used to high unemployement, it has been a constant since the seventies, but in anyway is too high.
- Crazy high young unemployement. Reaching 40% or 50%. Apart from engineers, doctors and some other specialized areas most of the young people have hard times finding a job. This specialized jobs also pay much less than in other european countries.
- Very high structural deficit and debt. Spanish debt is pretty high (around 120%), deficit now with covid is 11%, but even in a normal year of moderate growth deficit remains around 4%. Is really unsustainable.
- Net International Investment Position of Spain is very bad. Spain is often compare with Italy. This is far from be real. Net International Investment Position of Spain
- 80% and Italy is 1% (note the positive). This is the difference between the debt of the country and their investments.
Here you can notice how bad is Spanish situation. Very high debt and deficit combined with a very high unemployement leave you in a lethal combo. You can not spend more to incentive the economy.
The lack of opportunities in Spain is tremendous, it is a very hard country to leave in if you want to develop a career in any aspect. Research, engineering, management... hard.
- Level going down in the official analysis year after year. Spain systematically perform worst than most European countries and the level in math is frankly very bad.
There is more, but with these is enough to get a picture.
Now we come to the responsible of this situation. You see that the government and the political of Spain have not done a great job. Of course is arguably that they were elected by their ideas, so Spanish people have what they voted but apart from this the corruption scandals are uncountable, and affect most of the parties. As a fast overview:
- PSOE (socialists): They have a major scandal in Andalucia, where they stole lot of millions from the money dedicated to unemployement courses. The quantity was estimated around 1000 million euro in total, although i am not sure how accurate is this:
- PP (kind of conservative): They also have some big scandals that involves traffic of influence. They paid their central with money from one of this scandals and have over salaries coming from it. I think the quantity was more than 500 million.
- CIU (catalanist separatism): They have one major scandal called of 3%, they make companies pay a 3% extra and steal this money. Pujol (ex president of the region of catalonia) took lot of millions to Andorra.
There are more, also with the extreme lefties, with different branches of the previous name parties and with others.
Ah, don't forget the previous king. I think he probably was a good king in general, but his last years were horrendous. It was kind of unofficially demonstrated that he also got millions from traffic of influences (what is bad but maybe not a crime because it was international) but he didn't pay taxes for this money, what is indeed a crime. He paid his delayed taxes but in anyway...
His son in law directly again traffic with influence to have a crazy big high level of life, he was having a pretty good salary as a member of Royal Family but he wanted more.
So here we have a overview picture of problems of Spain, bad government, and corruption of politics during the bad government.
So, all western societies are generally divided between lefties and righties, millennials against boomers, coast vs inside and so on and so forth. Spain has all of this. But none of the other "develop" countries has such a critical situation as Spain in "objective" metrics. People is aware of this, and therefore they are not satisfied even if any of them have a different view (communism or liberalism or centralism or separatism...) of how to solve.