What are the reasons that 8 US Representatives holding very different political views voted against US H. R. 6930, a bill to confiscate assets from sanctioned Russian oligarchs and use the funds to support Ukraine?
I am looking for official statements or fact-based analysis, no opinions or speculations.
- H.R.6930 - Asset Seizure for Ukraine Reconstruction Act: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/6930
- Roll Call 130 | Bill Number: H. R. 6930: https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2022130
Note: The sources below do not appear to be neutral, but I could not quickly find more neutral references:
- Four Republicans, four Democrats vote ‘no’ on bill urging Biden to confiscate assets from sanctioned oligarchs: https://thehill.com/news/house/3469582-four-republicans-four-democrats-vote-no-on-bill-urging-biden-to-confiscate-assets-from-sanctioned-oligarchs/
- Inside the Squad’s ‘Putin problem’: https://nypost.com/2022/03/25/inside-the-squads-putin-problem/
- Democratic socialist group linked to AOC claims US ‘set the stage’ for Russian invasion of Ukraine: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/democratic-socialist-group-linked-aoc-213816266.html