In recent years Poland ordered/purchased a lot of military hardware from S. Korea.
• K2 Black Panther Tanks - Poland signed a contract in 2019 to purchase 180 K2 tanks from South Korea. The K2 is an advanced main battle tank produced by Hyundai Rotem. Deliveries of the tanks to Poland started in 2021 and will continue through 2025.
• K239 Chunmoo Multiple Rocket Launchers - Poland ordered 180 K239 multiple rocket launcher systems from South Korea in 2019. The K239 fires rockets with a range of up to 80 kilometers. Deliveries of these systems started in 2021.
• FA-50 Light Combat Aircraft - In 2020, Poland signed a contract to acquire 48 FA-50 fighter jets from South Korea. The FA-50 is a light combat aircraft produced by Korea Aerospace Industries. Poland will use the FA-50 for training and light attack missions. Deliveries of the aircraft will begin later in 2022.
• K30 Biho Turret Systems - Poland has purchased an undisclosed number of K30 Biho 30mm turrets for installation on its KTO Rosomak infantry fighting vehicles. The K30 is an automated turret system produced by Hanwha Defense.
• K9 Thunder Self-Propelled Howitzers - Poland has ordered 48 K9 self-propelled howitzers from South Korea. The K9 is an advanced 155mm howitzer mounted on an armored chassis. Deliveries of the K9 systems to Poland are expected to begin later in 2022.
What is the reason for choosing S. Korea rather than sourcing them from Europe?