So recently two Chinese Government Ministers and a few high ranking PLA officers have gone missing.
The New Foreign Minister Qin Gang, disappeared from the public spotlight in July.
If the world’s best China experts can’t figure out what happened to one of the country’s most internationally recognizable officials, then imagine what else remains hidden behind the regime’s closed doors.
- Additionally in July, Rocket Force Commander Li Yuchao was removed along with his deputy Liu Guangbin and a former deputy Zhang Zhenzhong.
Previously, it's been billionaires and public figures who have gone missing.
- Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma has rarely been seen in public since he criticized China's financial regulators.
- billionaire deal maker Bao Fan, Feb 2023
- Last year international tennis star Peng Shuai disappeared after she accused a former vice-premier of sexual assault.
- 2019 China's Interpol chief Meng Hongwei disappeared A former vice-minister of public security in China
- Aug 2021, billionaire film star and pop singer Zhao Wei in effect vanished from public life in China, with her online presence erased. Her films and TV shows were also removed from popular streaming sites.
- March 2020 billionaire real estate tycoon Ren Zhiqiang disappeared after calling President Xi a clown publicly for his handling of Covid.
- Xmen movie star Fan Bingbing went missing for about a year in 2018.
- billionaire Chinese-Canadian businessman Xiao Jianhua disappeared from a luxury hotel in Hong Kong in 2017.
- billionaire Guo Guangchang, chairman of conglomerate Fosun International, which is best known in the West for owning English Premier League football club Wolverhampton Wanderers went missing in 2015.
Why disappear government Ministers and army officials? Are their disappearances more ominous than the disappearances of the public figures?